My floors are inspired by the Abstract Expressionist movement (1940s-1950s) defined by the spontaneous expression of the artist using abstract form and gesture. Rothko and De Kooning being my favourites.
- Conservation/ listed building- existing old floors are covered by MDF for protection.
- Concrete floors need to be covered by MDF too.
- Laminated /tiled floors can be painted directly on / or covered with ply.
- All floors are painted and lacquered with non-toxic acrylic paint and varnish which dries to a very hard and durable finish.
- Each floor is site-specific and an original art work signed/dated by Anairam
- Designed with the client’s approval for the colour scheme.
Production time scale:
- Design agreed with client, subject to 50% advance payment
- Fitting/preparing the floor and drawing : one/two days (depending on size)
- Painting the floor : one/two days (depending on size)
- Lacquering/ drying time: one day.